Future of X10 support (tw/xtend/xten)?

From: Chris Pressey <cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:18:20 -0800

Does the X10 support that DragonFly inherited from FreeBSD still work?
Are we planning on keeping it around?

The FreeBSD 5.1 release notes say "The tw driver for TW-523 power line
interfaces (used by X-10 home control products) has been removed. It is
currently non-functional, and would require a considerable amount of
work to make it work under 5-CURRENT. The xten and xtend userland
control programs have also been removed."

I also got the impression that the TW-523 hardware is practically an
antique these days, and it seems the modern hardware is easier to
interface with.  For example the CM11A is supported by the misc/heyu
port, and there is a Perl script to control the PowerLinc 1132B[1].

Anyone know?  If xten will be sticking around I'll have a go at cleaning
up the code, and if not, I won't bother.

-Chris

[1] http://www.porcupine.montreal.qc.ca/software/X10-powerlinc/