Re: Heads up: GCC 3.4.3 in base

From: Michael Powell <nightrecon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:01:50 -0500

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've just updated our alternative base compiler to GCC 3.4.3. At the same
> time I've also added the MMX/XMM/... headers, which is useful for e.g.
> multimedia/ffmpeg. This go into a compiler specific directory, not
> /usr/include. The default debugging format is back to DWARF, you have to
> use GDB 6.2 to read it.
>
> I plan to add the visibility patch tomorrow, which allows me to start
> selectivly hidding libc symbols. Another planed updated is the hooking up
> of binutils 2.15 with the help of Jeroen. A busy week before Christmas is
> waiting :)
>
> Joerg

Greetings:

   Just an FYI item here: Yesterday I cvsupped my box and did the remove the
old /usr/include and make installincludes. I'm sorry I didn't make a note
of the error because it repopulated the /usr/include just fine and the
subsequent buildworld, etc, went fine. The make installincludes errored out
somewhere in the GCC 3.4 path. If you want/need I could do it again and
see.

-Mike