Re: shutdown -p

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:53:58 -0800 (PST)

:I'm running DragonFly stable on an Asus P4XP-X motherboard
:Intel 82845D MCH (B0)
:Intel 82801BA ICH2 (B5)
:2GHz Celeron
:
:(no SATA)
:
:It used to power down when issued shutdown -p now
:but since yesterday (or thereabouts) after cvsup/make
:it no longer does. Apart from this I haven't spotted
:anything out of the ordinary. I don't normally use any
:suspend or resume features that I'm aware of.
:
:Any info I can post?
:
:/Jonas Sundström.                www.kirilla.com

    It could be because I had accidently broken the acpi module.  Try
    updating your sources and compiling up a new kernel and I'll bet it
    will work again.