Re: getblk: vmioing file type 4???

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:38:26 +0100

-On [20041123 02:02], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    I think it's just a bug in VFS_BIO_DEBUG.  Why do you have VFS_BIO_DEBUG
>    turned on?  It is only turned on in LINT and you should not be trying
>    to run anything based off a LINT kernel!

I remember bringing this issue up within FreeBSD at the time.  it has to do
with character and block devices and how they basically are the same now.

vfs_bio.c:

if (vmio) {
	bp->b_flags |= B_VMIO;
#if defined(VFS_BIO_DEBUG)
	if (vp->v_type != VREG && vp->v_type != VBLK)
		printf("getblk: vmioing file type %d???\n", vp->v_type);
#endif
} else {
	bp->b_flags &= ~B_VMIO;
}

enum vtype      { VNON, VREG, VDIR, VBLK, VCHR, VLNK, VSOCK, VFIFO, VBAD };

It's complaining about vp->v_type being VCHR.

For all I care you can rip out the VFS_BIO_DEBUG part.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
All the pain I caused myself was out of love for others...