Re: option for "boot to kernel.old"

From: esmith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:38:50 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:If DF had an eigth option on the DF boot/logo screen that is "boot to kernel.old", it :would come in handy.

    And, even better... if someone does a 'make installkernel' more then once
    without rebooting it shouldn't overwrite kernel.old the second time, and
    if someone does a 'make installkernel' while *running* kernel.old it
    shouldn't overwrite kernel.old either.

Would someone like to put a patch together with all three items?

I'll start working on this soon, however, if someone else finishes it before I do, I won't mind.