Re: learning dragonfly or C...

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:39:13 +0100

This has turned out to be a really nice thread. I do know that there is at least one ``open source book'' for trying to teach C, and it is far from complete. I have offered to help a couple of people out on IRC who haven't yet taken me up on it (you guys know who you are ;p), but I do think that some sort of documentation might also be a good idea.

I am by no means an outstanding programmer (compared to those heading the development of DragonFly), but I definitely am willing to put in time to help out with information / teaching where I can. Perhaps if we get something started and those exceptional programmers on our lists want to take a look and make comments / suggestions, we could have a great document. Certainly Matt has experience with compilers (as does Jeroen) and they can probably both offer some insight into optimization that I certainly wouldn't have known otherwise.

Anyway, who is going to take me up on this one this time? I'm thebofh on EFNet ;)

--Devon