VFS commit schedule HEADS UP, and vfsx24.patch available - vfs work (expert developers only)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:19:37 -0800 (PST)

    Hot off the presses:

        fetch http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/vfsx24.patch

    This patch is the result of marathon work by David Rhodus and I over
    the last two days to test, locate, and fix bugs related to the VFS
    work.  It fixes a couple of ref counting issues, an installworld
    deadlock, a NFS server directory scanning panic, and a few other
    things.

    The NFS server is now considered to be quite solid with this patch.
    If all the bugs are not yet fixed there can't be more then one or two
    left, not counting the non-working unionfs and nullfs.

			HEADS UP - COMMIT SCHEDULE

    If testing through today pans out I think it may be best to get the
    work committed before I do the UNIONFS and NULLFS rewrite rather then
    after.  The patch set is already too big and I'd like it to get some
    wider testing in parallel with my unionfs/nullfs work.

    This will mean that UNIONFS and NULLFS will not work in HEAD for
    a week or two.  Those people using these filesystems should be sure to
    run DragonFly_Stable kernels rather then HEAD for the next ~2 weeks.