Re: cross-build failure

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
::     (already answered by Tomaz but for completness):
::
::     make installworld DESTDIR=/blah/blah/blah
::
::     should work.
:
:Will that variable DTRT for installkernel & update_etc/mergemaster as well?
:
:Thanks,
:
:- David

    I think it will work for installkernel and the upgrade target but I've
    never actually tested it for the upgrade target.

    We don't use mergemaster any more.  It still works but it is not being
    maintained.

    Generally speaking using DESTDIR= is dangerous because if you accidently
    misspell it your make command will operate on your root directory.  If
    you really want to use it for this purpose I recommend writing a script
    that does all the work for you so you don't accidently misspell the
    label.