Re: Diagnostic messages

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

:This appeared on the console yesterday, which I just noticed now:
:
:cache_resolve: relinked man1
:nlookup: relookup man1
:cache_resolve: relinked man1
:nlookup: relookup man1
:
:I don't know what caused them, but I can speculate that they
:appeared when I read the manpage for mkdir(1).  I did that
:just after creating/moving/deleting/recreating/redeleting
:several files and (sub)directories in an effort to bugger
:the vfs layer ;o)
:
:I've tried to recreate them this morning, but so far no go.
:
:Are these messages important enough for me to keep trying
:to reproduce them?

    You can ignore these messages.  These tend to occur when you
    rename directories.  Until the rename VFS API is fixed the namecache
    has to be sliced and diced, and then relinked when another forward
    path runs through the new directory.