Re: uplcom(4) problem

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:03:37 -0700 (PDT)

:No luck :( I didn't see any commits to uplcom.c on cvsweb, but tried
:changing  the 0x41 to 0x61, still no luck.  I notice some other stuff
:in the linux diff, all the SOUP/FISH stuff -- which are macros for
:usb_control_msg() -- but can't find any equivalent code in the DF
:source.
:
:By "no luck" I mean if I try dialing out from ppp (dial papchap) it
:times out on the modem initialization command (AT+CRM=1 -- not the
:usual ATZ).  That's exactly what happens with pppd in linux pre-2.6.8
:also.  If I type "term" while in ppp, it just hangs.
:
:Rahul

    The fix was in ucom.c, which uplcom uses.  Go back to the original 0x41
    and get the latest ucom.c (1.17).