Re: Importing DHCPD into base tree

From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:22:51 -0400

Are they running v3? If so, thats an interesting solution if Matt agree's.

Scott

Andre Nathan wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:

    isc-dhcp3 is a pretty ugly piece of code.  The last time I looked
    at it, which was about two years ago, I shivered at all the potential
    stack overflows and security holes.

What about OpenBSD's dhcpd? I believe they have cleaned up the ISC code,
and it now runs as an unprivileged user "_dhcpd".

Andre