Re: Suggested reading for learning C?

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:09:45 -0400

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 09:49:40PM -0400, Joshua Coombs wrote:
>So, I'm starting to actually put some code out instead of just
>waiting for someone to impliment my ideas.  Problem is I'm modifying
>what to me is pretty high level C while only just able to read it
>let alone know what I'm actually doing.  Does anyone have a
>suggestion or three for reading material to help get myself up to
>speed?
>
>(For refrence, I'm working on a base proof of concept build of my
>routing engine proposal from awhile back.  Hopefully by the time I
>get it working fully DF will be ready to impliment it.)

I found this while trying to make sense of "volatile" -- which is to say
it conveys some pretty serious concepts while not abandoning novices,
like myself.

http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/

This is the online version of The C Book, second
edition by Mike Banahan, Declan Brady and Mark
Doran, originally published by Addison Wesley in
1991.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx