[Re: failure notice spam]

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

    Bleh.  Ok, I've taken care of this.    bestserv will now ignore any
    email From: mailer-daemon@  (aka spammers who use our list addresses
    as their From:).  I'll add others if they come up.

    I think I have a solution to catch the mime-encoded spam, but allow
    list users to still post mime-encoded files.  I haven't implemented it
    yet but I think the solution is to simply require that people who post
    mime-encoded stuff include a special header with a password.  The
    password won't be secret or anything, we would publish it on our site,
    but spambots aren't going to bother generating it so we would be
    protected :-).