Re: modules & options

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:59:39 +0200

On 05.09.2004, at 14:34, Sascha Wildner wrote:
is it on purpose that the modules built with buildkernel do not honor the options in the kernel config?

seems so. I don't agree with that, though.

Is there a way to achieve what I want (kldload vesa but keep debugging output)?

yes:

# Try and detect whether we are being built for a specific kernel
. if defined(MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX) && exists(${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}/opt_global.h)
CFLAGS+= -I${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}
. PATH: ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}
. endif

. ..

opt_vesa.h:
# .PATH searches only work for targes without source
. if !exists(opt_vesa.h)
        touch ${.TARGET}
. endif

this means: iff the module is built by the kernel Makefile (which sets MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX appropriately) and iff opt_vesa.h is found, then the kernel opt_vesa.h is picked up. Else the "default" (which should be used for modules to be used for most people, i.e. GENERIC ABI compatibility) should be generated.

we should use this for every KLD, in my opinion.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\