Re: Packages

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:33:52 -0400

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:21:30 +0200, Oliver Eikemeier
<eikemeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Rhodus wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:20:54 +0200, Oliver Eikemeier
> > <eikemeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> How about moving to bzip2 compression?
> >
> > I can take a look into it for the next build set, though more likely
> > the one after the next set of packages as I'm working on a few other
> > cool things with different method for packages all together.
>
> Any details? Btw, you don't have to build a new set of packages when
> switching compression algorithms, just recompressing them is sufficient.

Well, I guess I don't have to rebuild the set but I would have to
write a little script to re setup the Latest directory structure.
Since the package set is, at least in my mind, already out of date
I'll just start building a new one vers working on saving a few MB's
of space for this data set.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus