Re: Packages

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:10:47 +0000

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:20:54 +0200, Oliver Eikemeier
<eikemeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Rhodus wrote:
> > There is a new set of packages uploaded to gobsd.com. Some of the
> > larger packages are now complete which there have been some demand for
> > in past emails. So things like
> >
> > pkg_add -r kde # this will install the full version of KDE-3
> > pkg_add -r gnome2
> >
> > now will work just fine.
> >
> > A listing of the packages that pkg_add -r uses can be found at
> > http://gobsd.com/packages/Latest/
> > and a complete listing of every package available for download can be
> > viewed at http://gobsd.com/packages/All/
>
> How about moving to bzip2 compression?

I can take a look into it for the next build set, though more likely
the one after the next set of packages as I'm working on a few other
cool things with different method for packages all together.

Another thing, has the IBM patten on that algorithm expired yet?

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus