Leaf upgraded

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

    leaf.dragonflybsd.org (the general shell box) has been upgraded to an
    AMD64 box.  In particular, a K8V based tower with an Athlon 3200+
    in it, overclocked by 10%.   It is much faster then the old leaf.

    crater.dragonflybsd.org (the main site / cvs repository) is probably
    going to be upgraded tuesday night from its current sludgy 2xCPU VALinux
    box to a 1xCPU AMD XP 2600+ Shuttle cube.  The XP 2600+ is a fairly
    low-end cpu but it still beats the living daylights out of the old
    crater.

    The upgrades give me a chance to reduce power consumption in my
    machine room, throw in larger disks, faster cpus, upgrade crater
    from FreeBSD to DragonFly, run GigE, and keep spare boxes and disks
    around to deal with failures.  Plus it's always fun to occassionally
    rip up and rewire a machine room :-)

    The UPS work I did a few days ago was also successful.  My UPS properly
    reset its time estimator so it lasts a good 30 minutes now after a power
    failure rather then the 3 minutes it was doing before.