Re: Booting problem

From: "Rakhesh Sasidharan" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:17:54 +0400

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:24:55 +0200, "Simon 'corecode' Schubert"
<corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> use kernel /boot/loader and you're happy

Voila! And I am a happy man! It works!! :) :) :)

Two questions still though: (1) How did this work? As in, I always
assumed (mistakenly?) that the kernel had something special about it and
so one couldn't pass any other file as a kernel. And now that I am able
to pass off the loader file as a kernel, either the loader is special or
there's nothing special about the kernel ... (2) Why didn't my previous
attempt at chainloading work anyways? Is it not supposed to work -- was
I doing things wrong? :-/

Am finally able to boot into DragonFly using GRUB! Yipee!!

Thanks,
Rakhesh