Re: My syncing disks problem

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

    This is a well known problem and we will track it down eventually.  If
    you want to help, get a kernel core out of it (make sure you have to
    kernel.debug related to the kernel you are running, too, or the core
    will be useless), and then put it somewhere where we can fetch it
    (or I can create a leaf account for you and you can upload it to leaf).

:Hi,
:
:It occured again today (1.0-RELEASE):
:
:# halt -p
:Aboot() called on cpu#0
:Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread vnlru to stop...stopped
:Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread bufdaemon to stop...stopped
:Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system thread syncer to stop...stopped
:
:syncing disks... 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
:giving up on 1 buffers
:Debugger("busy buffer problem")
:
:CPU0 stopping CPUs: 0x00000002
: stopped
:Stopped at      Debugger+0x34:  movb    $0,in_Debugger.348
:db>
:Is there something I can try at this point?
:
:Jean-Marc
:
:--