Re: starting cupsd causes DragonFly to freeze

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:03:02 -0700 (PDT)

:On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 00:58, Chris Palmer wrote:
:
:> Glenn Johnson writes:
:>
:> > When I start cupsd, the system immediately freezes. The prompt does
:> > not return, no keyboard response, no mouse response, no network
:> > access, and no error messages. The only way out is to press the reset
:> > button and then clean up the file systems with fsck.
:>
:> Awesome! Can you do ktrace?
:
:I tried. All I got was an empty ktrace.out file.
:
:--
:Glenn Johnson <glennpj@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    I will attempt to reproduce this one today.

    Try compiling DDB into the system (if it isn't already there) and
    see if you can CTL-ALT-ESC into a debugger prompt (from a console, not
    from X) when the lockup occurs.  If you can, type 'trace'.