message passed syscalls

From: Eirik Nygaard <eirikn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:40:28 +0200

I have been working on message passed syscalls for a while now, and it seems to
be working now. Synchronous messages is the only thing that works like it should
yet. Async messages also work, but only as root, and it has some serious bugs in
it, but I am working on it now.

What I would want is testing of the synchronous part, what you need to do is
apply the patch, recompile your kernel and reboot. Then compile src/lib/libcr
and install it. Now all that is needed is to link some of your programs up
against libcr instead of libc. sysmsg3 in sysmsg-test.tar.bz2 is one example on
how to do this.

http://eirikn.kerneled.org/dragonfly/sysmsg-050804.diff
http://eirikn.kerneled.org/dragonfly/sysmsg-test.tar.bz2

--