Re: NDIS has been ported to DragonFly

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 03:09:50 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
Bill Paul's excellent NDIS (windowz device driver emulator for wireless/ethernet interfaces), otherwise known as 'Project Evil',
has been ported to DragonFly. The work is considered experimental but *something* works because my Centrino laptop (Sony TR3A)'s wireless
now works.

    It takes a bit of effort to get a windows device driver compiled in,
    it definitely is not automatic in any way shape or form, but it's
    better then nothing!

    I could not have ported NDIS without Joerg's precursor work on
    the 802_11 infrastructure.  Kudos all around!

-Matt

No matt, kudos to especially Bill Paul and you. Great, great stuff. Wee.

- erik