Re: HEADS UP! Degraded download performance for ~1 week while T1 is reprovisioned

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:55:50 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    Hey everyone.  I'm getting my T1 reprovisioned.  My network block is
    going to be routed over a DSL line temporarily while the T1 is being
    worked on, probably for ~1 week.

    The DSL line only has a 35KB/s uplink (verses the 160KB/sec that the T1
    had), so performance is going to be seriously degraded for a while.
    Fortunately it looks like the release bulge has finally tapered off, so
    I am hopeful that the site will remain responsive during the transition.

This is a good time to remind you all that several cvsup mirrors exist already.
It will save you and other peoples time if you use mirrors for cvsup instead of banging up Matt's DSL.

I am not sure how frequent the other mirrors update, but mine and Eirik's updates every 2 hours. The address for this mirror is dragon.BSDTech.com

check out the download page on www.dragonflybsd.org for other mirrors.

- Erik