Re: boot code commit heads up

From: Walter Venable <weaseal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:57:56 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I have done some fairly serious work on the boot code.  By
    default it should remain compatible with the existing boot code but
    I would appreciate it if people could test it.  If your machine booted
    before, it should still boot now, I hope!

-Matt

I had experienced a bug in the old boot code that caused the system to assume that I desired to boot in a custom manner (it wouldn't auto-boot /kernel, it would go to the prompt which required me to type 'boot' to continue), but now that bug is gone. Great work!

Walter Venable