Re: Comparative Mysql DragonFlyBsd v1.0 / FreeBSD v4.10

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

:Yes,
:but 4018 is last package available on fbsd4.10 !
:
:other test maybe, recompiled mysql 4.0.20 on two host,
:but what compiled options ? (freebsd/dragonfly)
:
:Regards
:
:Rmkml@xxxxxxxxxx

    You would have to compile it from the original dist, but since we are
    still using pthreads I wouldn't expect any significant improvement in
    performance.  We aren't really in the business of doing comparative
    studies.  There is a huge amount of infrastructure work still to do
    and that is what we are focusing on.