Re: SMP support via ACPI

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

:I compile the kernel with "device acpica5" too and it don=B4t work.
:
:I have similar problems with FreeBSD 4.x, but in 5.x (5.2 and onwards)
:it works because the kernel can wake up with MP Table or ACPI Table.
:
:Are there any work in progress on this subject ? Any workaround ?.
:
:Thanks for all, and sorry for my bad english.
:
:--=20
:Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL"

    This is something we will definitely be porting from FreeBSD-5 (along
    with the multi-pass interrupt routing code), though the timing of the
    work is a bit unclear.  You should be able to run UP in the
    meantime, though.  But, yes, the intention is to support this and to
    also support consolidated UP/MP builds so the same kernel can run on
    APIC and non-APIC boxes.

    (and, as always, if there are any developers interesting in doing such
    work, its there waiting for you!)