Re: wine running?

To: Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:13:36 +0100

Yury Tarasievich wrote:
Is there any possibility of getting wine running?

Current wine-on-df build can't do "mmap of entire memory space" in ntdll.dll.so, which is what not-so-current-(but post-20040615)-wine does on freebsd-4, I believe. Ktrace shows lots of failed attempts to do mmap with first arg incrementing up to 0xffff...something

Wine support is broken on freebsd-4 for rather long (in threads area I guess) Perhaps the issue could be addressed with DF different (and supposedly superiour :) threads subsystem? I'd like to offer some help in solving the matter but without at least some reading on subject I wouldn't even know where to start.

I have never used Wine, but it needs a USER_LDT kernel config option in the kernel. Maybe it is that you need, donno.

		-Hiten
		hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx