Re: State of threads?

From: Matty <kaiwainz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:03:21 +1000

On 2004-06-29 03:42:27 +1000, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 06:27:57PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
I'm wondering: does lwkt system has anything to do with userland threads? Do threaded programs linked with libc_r take advantage of SMP?

Yes and no, no.

There wasn't a lot of work on the userland front lately, only the
beginning of the framwork exists (userland LWKT). Other parts of
the system had a greater need for work.

libc_r is still the n:1 threading and therefore can't take advantage
of SMP other than the normal multi-processing.

Joerg

With the LWKT, what model will it adopt? n:1 n:m? just a little curious.

Thanks in advanced,

Matty
--
My blog: http://kaiwai.blogspot.com/

Using a mouse in unix? That's heresy.

"Was there any truth in the rumour that you were
dead?" - Norman; The Great Australian Bleeder

"You don't have to live next to me, Just give me my
equality" - Nina Simone (Mississippi Goddam)

"Science without religion is lame, religion without
science is blind." - Albert Einstein

"You don't need to be 'straight' to fight and die
for your country. You just need to
shoot straight." - Barry Goldwater, (Ret. AF general)