Re: State of threads?

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:42:27 +0200

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 06:27:57PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> I'm wondering: does lwkt system has anything to do with userland threads?
> Do threaded programs linked with libc_r take advantage of SMP?

Yes and no, no.

There wasn't a lot of work on the userland front lately, only the
beginning of the framwork exists (userland LWKT). Other parts of
the system had a greater need for work.

libc_r is still the n:1 threading and therefore can't take advantage
of SMP other than the normal multi-processing.

Joerg