DragonFly faster than linux or FreeBSD?

From: Steve Mynott <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:18:47 +0100

On the same aging laptop (P2/366/192Mb with kern.mmxopt=1) I have ran FreeBSD 5, Linux (Fedora) and DragonFly.

Although, its not scientific and quite subjective I have had the distinct impression that both KDE (3.2.1) and Java (Native FreeBSD) are noticably faster on DragonFly than the other systems.

ISTR someone on IRC [*] also saying they thought KDE was faster on DragonFly as well.

The FreeBSD 5 result is perhaps no surprise but the Linux one was (maybe resulted from different KDE versions/graphic drivers).

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Steve

[*] how's that for a reliable reference quote? :-)