Re: NVidia motherboard with integrated LAN - RT8201

From: "Remco Rijnders" <remco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 21:18:35 +0200

On 29 May 2004 18:52:54 GMT, Justin C. Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Remco Rijnders" <remco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:opr8rtoor532ljov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I'm now stuck at the networking part and wonder if kernel support is
available for motherboards with an integrated RealTek 8201 based
ethernet.

I don't think this is supported - most RealTek chipsets supported are the 81xx series. Someone (Joerg?) may have a more authoritative answer.

If you have any spare Ethernet cards around that are on this list:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

They are probably supported and could be used until there's a driver
appropriate to your motherboard.

Thanks. I'll be looking for an el cheapo card then for the time being or hold off from DragonFly BSD for the time being.

Kind regards,

Remco