Re: Device layering work patch #2

To: * <lvpoker@xxxxxxx>
From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:32:54 -0400

* wrote:
How best to test new ideas and concepts in OS development than on some 'production' type machines that some might be willing to sacrifice?

Well, the definition of a production machine to some (most?) of us is a machine we're not willing to sacrifice. Ergo... :-)

That said, I agree with the sentiment that testing an OS in a production environment (as opposed to a simulated one) is a Good Thing.