Re: acpica5 issues

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dragonfly-kernel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:40:48 +0900

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:35:03PM -0400, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> YONETANI Tomokazu said on May 15, 2004 at 14:14:21:
> > Hi.
> > On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:45:20PM -0400, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> > > OK, I'm still having problems with acpica5 in my kernel config.
> > > Sometimes the boot hangs when probing the CD-ROM drive (freezes solid,
> > > no response to keyboard); sometimes it gets past that but hangs when
> > > screen and ctrl-alt-delete reboots, but is unable to sync buffers.  ^C
> > > doesn't interrupt the linux module loading.  Sometimes, however, it
> > > gets past this too and boots fully, and then I can use the system,
> > > leave it running all night if needed, no problem.

By the way, do these problems disappear when you disable acpi?

> > I can't comment on this, because I've never seen this here.
> > If you have option DDB in the kernel config, you can drop into
> > DDB by pressing ctrl-alt-esc to see where it's stuck.
>
> OK, I tried that but I only find it's stuck in some keyboard interrupt
> routine (presumably because I pressed ctrl-alt-esc).  If I type
> "trace" or "where", I get the exact same answer no matter when I press
> ctrl-alt-esc.  So what do I do?  Sorry if it's a dumb question.  The
> FreeBSD developers handbook notes that trace may not be very useful
> for this reason, but has no other suggestion.

If you happen to know the pid of the process being stuck, for instance
by pressing ctrl-T, say 12345, just feed it as an argument of trace command.
DDB> trace 12345
If you know the name of the process, `ps' command(while in DDB) shows you
the list of the processes and threads.