Re: New DFly ISO CD image available 20040506

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

:Okay, thanks.  Meanwhile, is there any way for me to tell whether
:the kernel actually saw and honored the entry in loader.conf?  Would
:I see error messages in the logs if something went wrong?
:
:My DFly box has been running just fine for 12 hours -- I hope I'm
:really testing the right code  ;o)

    Yes, the kernel prints a message when it installs the FP accellerated
    copy routines.

    egrep 'MMX|XMM' /var/run/dmesg.boot

with:
    dhcp60:/home/dillon> egrep 'MMX|XMM' /var/run/dmesg.boot
    Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
    Using MMX optimized bcopy/copyin/copyout
    dhcp60:/home/dillon>

without:
    leaf:/home/dillon> egrep 'MMX|XMM' /var/run/dmesg.boot
    Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
    leaf:/home/dillon>