Re: New ISO available / ...

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 May 2004 22:41:06 GMT
Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>Definitely check and make sure that the active flag for your second
>>partition is set. I had a similar problem after losing and recovering
>>my partition table. My partition table seemed to be back to normal,
>>but I couldn't boot from anything but the first slice. After much
>>hair pulling, I realized that I just forgot to set the active flag
>>to make them bootable. You'll use fdisk (not disklabel) for this.
>
>Well, that's certainly worth a try.  I tried it, but it didn't help
>me.  I still couldn't boot off anything but the first slice (using
>the F1 key).

For what it's worth, I had the same problem (with dragonfly on the
third slice), and what's worse, I couldn't boot windows or linux
either.  Luckily I had a knoppix CD lying around so I re-installed
lilo, which easily boots all three OS's, and forgot about it (and
forgot to report it...)  This was a couple of months ago.

Rahul