Re: checkpoint/restart

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:16:28 -0700 (PDT)

:Actually loading the module is all you have to do.  The problem was my
:shell.  zsh is capturing ^E as something other than the checkpoint signal.
:
:I think I can bind the key to do what I want.  Problem is ctrl-e is very useful
:on the bash command line for us Emacs keybindings users... :)
:
:it means "go to the end of the line".  ctrl-a is the other direction..   Why
:not ctrl-| for the checkpoint?  I don't think anything uses that.
:
:Dave

    Shoot, and here I thought I had found an unused control sequence.

    Well, we can't use ctrl-| because that requires a shift sequence on many
    keyboards.  For now you can stty the checkpoint character to something else
    for yourself.