Re: Documenting LWKT?

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:09:23 -0400

On Apr 19, 2004, at 9:56 PM, Warren Toomey wrote:

Matthew Dillon wrote:
LWKT is extremely solid and well-defined now.
I think that this is a good time to push documentation of the LWKT
functions. I would dearly love to see some manual pages written up
on them. Are you volunteering?

Yep. Do you want section 9 man pages, or something like the existing whitepaper (http://www.dragonflybsd.org/goals/threads.cgi) with more detail, or both?
Warren

We will need both. The man pages will be great for people going on doing more development work inside the system. I know these already would have been handy for several of us, including Matt and Jeff, which would have saved us a few minutes reading over a function again to determine the output.

Having a external API reference listed outside of the figure
of the man pages would also be an very interesting aspect
that other BSD's have yet to accomplish. Perhaps mostly due
to the fact of not being able to stabilize an API long enough
for someone to document. This would make a very definitive
statement for the first release.

-DR