Re: 'Stable' tags?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:12:56 -0700 (PDT)

:A couple of questions:
:
:I saw a note about possibly adding a 'last known somewhat stable' tag.  Is
:this still in the works?

    Yes.  As soon as Jeff and I stabilize the networking code, including
    a revamping of the messaging subsystem to support aborts, I am going
    to create a tracking tag.

:For a UP workstation, where should I see performance improvements over
:FreeBSD?

    We are mostly doing infrastructure work right now but I expect we
    will begin to see performance improvements over FreeBSD-4 after the first
    release when we start to unwind Giant (for SMP anyway), and DragonFly
    is already performing better then FreeBSD-5 for the UP case (which isn't
    too hard considering the huge overheads that exist in FreeBSD-5).

:Are things still on track for a June release?
:
:jm

    Yes, we are still on track for a late June release.