Re: Strange NFS performance

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:15:29 -0700

Richard Nyberg wrote:
I have two NFS client mahcines. One running FreeBSD 4.8 and one running
dragonfly. The NFS server runs the same version of dragonfly as the client
(from 14 Apr.).
. .
Reading and writing 100MB
. .
DragonFly client (1700XP AMD, 512MB RAM, if_vr0)
Reading ~13s
Writing >1min

I had a similar problem with linux on a via-rhine machine where the performance in one direction was very slow. It turned out to be a bug in the via-rhine driver (now fixed). The bug very clearly showed up with scp as well as nfs -- do you see the same speed asymmetry when using scp?