Re: VFS Help

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:[A lot of good insight about the complications of funding.]
:
:Out of curiosity (and if it isn't too impolite for me to ask), how do
:you manage to juggle the demands of Backplane plus DragonFly, both
:financially and time-wise?  Personally, I'm quite impressed.

    Backplane is no longer a going concern, so I'm not actually juggling
    anything.  I do have some obligations in the Tahoe area but they
    are mainly maintainance and don't take much of my time.

:As a result of Cadence's acquisition of Neolinear (my employer), I
:barely have time to update and build DF or TenDRA on a weekly basis, let
:alone contribute anything.  My plans for getting some sort of
:open-source EDA stuff going have been dead for even longer.  (OTOH, my
:assimilation into the Borg collec -- er, Cadence :-) -- has been going
:well, both culturally and from a software standpoint.)
:
:Ah, well.  Maybe I should play the lottery and try to become an
:eccentric millionaire? :-)

    Ahhhh... no.  I suppose I could give financial advise... don't live above
    your means, keep your credit cards cleared of debt, take modest vacations,
    have a checking account but don't bother with a savings account, and
    build up some permanent savings over time through a low cost brokerage
    account.  Don't smoke, and make sure you have health insurance.  Oh yah,
    Ignore everything you read in business publications, they usually get
    it wrong.  Any further advise can be given over private email but it
    will always be fairly general in nature.  Kinda like Susie Orman, I
    suppose :-)  Basically the rule is "don't do stupid things".