Main site downtime tonight for maintainance 9-10pm. PST

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

    I am going to disconnect my system from the internet tonight for some
    maintainance on the power systems.  Primarily the issue is that my stupid
    APC 1440RM UPS thinks it has only a few minutes of run time when power
    goes out when, in fact, it has a completely full (and recently replaced)
    battery.  APC says that when all else fails (and everything else I tried
    failed), disconnect from utility and let the thing go until it shuts
    down, so that is what I am going to do :-)

    I will also be testing the network shutdown apcupsd feature to try to
    get all the machines to shutdown cleanly during power failures rather
    then just the one running apcupsd.

    Machines will go offline at 9pm PST and should be back online before 10pm
    PST.