Re: buildworld -j N issues

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:46:58 -0500

On Mar 21, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

Some issues are cropping up with what I believe are buildworld -j N
bugs, due to the new scheduler ordering processes somewhat differently
then the old scheduler.

I'm working on the correct set of .ORDER: directives in the .mk files
to fix the problem.

If you have problems doing buildworld -j N, just do the buildworld without
the -j N. I expect to commit fixes later this evening (I'm running
buildworld -j 4's on four different machines in a loop to try to locate
all the ordering issues).

-Matt

Great! , this has always been a problem dating back to FreeBSD. The
problems seem to happen almost at random, I guess depending on
things like buffer cache state to affect the atomicity of the operations
such at mkdir. Thanks

-DR