Re: a few first impressions from the 2004-03-17b image

From: Andreas Fuchs <asf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:36:44 +0100

Today, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andreas Fuchs said on Mar 21, 2004 at 01:43:21:
>> Most port installations went smoothly, too, with one (rather big,
>> for me) exception: emacs.
>>
> I noticed this -- sorry I forgot to point it out on the lists.
> Manually removing crtbegin.o from the emacs makefiles fixes it.

You're right. After removing the references to crtbegin.o and
crtend.o, I now have a working emacs (with multi-tty support (-:).

This is now a smoothly working system. Not bad for a pre-alpha! (-:

(No doubt it'll break a few times yet; but that's part of the fun, of
course)

> Actually, you only want the full CVS tree if you're going to be
> developing, in which case you know what to do :) Casual users will
> need only the "checked-out" copy (prefix=/usr and release=cvs
> tag=.), as noted in the sample supfile.  Perhaps this should be made
> the default, at least when 1.0 is released.

Hm, ok. I'll change my supfile, then.

Thanks,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@xxxxxxxxxxx>, asf@xxxxxxxxx, antifuchs