Re: manpages refer to source-code file?

From: ibotty <bsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:35:52 +0100

> I would like to point to: (Newbus tutorial)
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/newbus.html
>
> and a chapter on Kernel Objects (KObj):
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arch-handbook/kernel-objects.html
>
> Another hint, that the newbus framework gets pretty easy to understand
> if you think in terms of Object Orientation.  Things can be overridden,
> new interfaces attached etc etc.

understanding newbus from the user (better driver writer) perspective is not
hard, it is well documented (the daemonnews article was nice).

what i want is one additional field in driver_t, but not in the drivers
private data.
atm, i think the best place is here:

typedef driver driver_t;

struct driver {
    KOBJ_CLASS_FIELDS;
#ifndef NO_NOTIFICATION
    void                *my_field       /* <----- HERE */
#else
# warning this usage is deprecated!!
#endif
    void                *priv;          /* driver private data */
};

i am not sure, if i will step *too hard* on newbus internals, so i wanted to
dig a bit deeper.

> If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask.
>
> Hope that helps,

well, it does.
but this was more a question, on whether i should add a section to the
specific manpage, when i find the source.
i understood, that this is desired, so i just added one section to driver.9.

~ibotty