Re: dhclient broken today

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:38:14 -0500

Joerg Sonnenberger said on Mar 15, 2004 at 08:05:59:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:24:57PM -0500, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> > With today's kernel, dhclient hangs indefinitely for me -- doesn't
> > configure the interface, doesn't return (I waited a minute or so), no
> > error in syslogs.
> >
> > A kernel from March 12 sources works.
>
> If this problem stays even after a a rebuild of DHCP and a removing
> the kernel obj dir before building,

I used "buildkernel/installkernel" to build the kernel, so the obj dir
is removed.  I also tried "make depend && make" in src/sbin/dhclient,
which seems to have built some of the isc-dhcp stuff too, but the
resulting dhclient binary didn't work either.  Should I do an
installworld?  I don't want to risk an unusable NIC (I could always
downgrade but downgrading the world makes me uneasy).

> have a look at your MAC address.

It's the same as earlier (and the same as reported by linux).
I also tried rebooting the cable modem before booting the new kernel,
that didn't work either.

And I tried static configuration with the existing IP address (as
suggested by Matt), that too didn't work.

Rahul