Re: Goals for first release (June/USENIX)

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:15:16 -0500

Generally:

(I apologize in advance; I'm being presumptive and posting about projects I
can't do myself.  Correct me if I'm wrong.)

We need an installer that isn't sysinstall.  Rob's working on one, and Emiel
is working on a shorter-term version if I recall correctly.

A bug tracking system will probably be needed immediately after 1.0 release,
because the number of users should increase.  I recall Joerg was working on
Bugzilla and conversion of old FreeBSD-4 material.

Packaging: this is I assume dependent on Matt's userland VFS work.  It may
be difficult to replace ports/dfports before 1.0, but it sure would be nice
to "start" with a new system instead of an override.

Personally:
We need to have a handbook-equivalent before release.  Perhaps not in
size/depth, but at least in structure.  That's a me-n-hmp thing, probably.