Nice going...

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 05:40:33 +0100

I just re-installed DragonFly on my machine (I'd done it earlier, then
switched back to FreeBSD 5, but mainly used linux).  I think I'll stay now.

The variant symlinks and what you've done with gcc2/gcc3 are just so cool.
I'm now wondering why nobody else in the free unix world has done this
before :)  I'm running a kernel with the recent lwkt-token stuff in it and
notice no problems at all.

The main annoyances are lack of ACPI support (there were problems even
with FreeBSD 5, and I got a couple of mails from Nate Lawson telling me
what it was; when Matt finishes the FreeBSD-5 ACPI import I'll look
into it further); and XFree86 works only with the vesa/fbdev drivers,
not the radeon driver (it works with the latter under linux).  Primarily
that affects video playing (no xv extension), which I can live without, or
use linux for.

Rahul