Re: Request for Feedback: proposed config(8) improvement

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Mar 2004 05:43:40 GMT

Chris Pressey <cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:20040306204029.23e686d5.cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Will I be able to keep using
> Perl, or will it disappear from the base system, forcing me to use C?
> (NOTE: I do not necessarily think that this would be a *bad* thing ;)

If you're going to generate something new, and it's not going to
significantly slow you down to do so, do it in C.  The dependency on
Perl may or may not go away, but there's no reason to add to it.

As for the larger idea, I can't comment much on the methodology, but the
goal is good: better feedback sooner.