Re: Disk partitioning (was: Daemon's Advocate article)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:26:10 -0800 (PST)

:Could we do something slimy, like have another device major-number
:which means "the second 8-partitions of a disk"?
:
:--
:Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    In a word:  yes, we can.  We could also steal a bit from the
    slice portion of the minor number , reducing max slices
    from 32 to 16.  I think this would be easier.