Re: Daemon's Advocate article

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:05:43 -0800 (PST)

:Egads!  Matt, put down the painkillers!!    8-)
:
:I can just see it now...  right next to 'page faults', we've got
:'package faults'.  We could even have a package pager, to
:automatically do LRU analysis on packages, and delete them when we get
:tight on space (of course, weighing in the speed of the network
:connection).
:--
:Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   And 'pkglock' to lock a package in so it isn't deleted by the LRU.

   Really, though, I think this might be a great idea whos time has come.
   Kinda like having an NFS mount over the internet, but with added security
   (local MD5 file for comparisons, multiple servers, load distribution, etc).

   Perfect for a userland VFS.